The Gomoa West finance office is a civil service department under the Gomoa West district assembly.
The Finance Department leads in the management and use of financial resources to achieve value for money.
The Finance Department advises management on the Financial Administration Act, Internal Audit Agency Act, Procurement Act, and any other financial regulations approved by the Government and by doing so ensures the maintenance of proper accounts.
It directs and controls financial management in line with public sector accounting principles thereby safeguarding the Assembly’s assets
Gomoa West District Finance office delivers excellent financial management services.
The Gomoa West District Finance office tries to provide efficient and effective financial management services to the assembly and the general public through highly trained, committed and dedicated staff by making use of the most appropriate technology and professionalism.
- Preparation of monthly financial reports and annual accounts.
- Authenticate, check, passes and certify all disbursements and payments of the assembly.
- Provides secure custody of funds and reports thereon.
- Oversees the receipts and disbursements of monies payable into the GWDA sub-consolidated fund A/C.
- Updating all the control cash books to check the movements of the expenditure and revenue to keep and ensure accurate cash balances at all times.
- Preparation and Reviewing of all the bank reconciliation statements.
- Supervises the revenue collectors and revenue mobilization task force to pay all revenue collected into the assembly’s bank accounts accordingly.
- Ensures that revenue collectors distribute all bills within the right time.
- Preparation of payment vouchers using the Ghana Integrated Financial Management Information System (GIFMIS).