The Gomoa West finance office is a civil service department under the Gomoa West district assembly.
The Finance department implements effective and efficient financial management system in the public service accordance with the Financial Administration Act (FAA) Act 654, Internal Audit Agency Act (IAA) Act 685, Public Procurement Act, 2003 (Act 663), The Public Procurement Amendment Act, 2016 (Act 914), Civil Service Law and their respective regulations, Public Financial Management Act, 2016 (Act 921) and Ghana Integrated Financial Management System (GIFMIS).
Gomoa West District Finance office delivers excellent financial management services.
The Gomoa West District Finance office tries to provide efficient and effective financial management services to the assembly and the general public through highly trained, committed and dedicated staffs by making use of the most appropriate technology and professionalism.
- Preparation of monthly financial report and annual accounts.
- Authenticate, check, passes and certifies all disbursements and payments of the assembly.
- Provides secure custody of funds and reports thereon.
- Oversees the receipts and disbursements of monies payable into the GWDA sub consolidated fund A/C.
- Updating all the control cash books to check the movements of the expenditure and revenue to keep and ensure accurate cash balances at all times.
- Preparation and Reviewing of all the bank reconciliation statement.
- Supervises the revenue collectors and revenue mobilization task force to pay all revenue collected into the assembly’s bank accounts accordingly.
- Ensures that revenue collectors distribute all bills within the right time.
- Preparation of payments vouchers using the Ghana Integrated Financial Management Information System (GIFMIS).